The Europe Biobank Week 2024 Organising Committee invites the submission of abstracts under the following presentation formats:
- Oral presentations – the familiar presentation session consisting of about 10 minute talks, followed by questions and discussion.
- Poster presentations – structured as an academic presentation but with creative visuals of your research and/or organisational processes presented on a poster board.
Abstracts should be submitted electronically, in English only, and not surpass 250 words. Submissions should be divided into sections such as:
- Introduction – summarising the background/ problem
- Material & methods used to obtain and analyse the data
- Results or findings from your work
- Discussion and conclusion that will help others in their work
- You should also include your references and full contact details
Please follow the instructions on the abstract form carefully, making sure to select one of the available formats, depending on your preference. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to assign your submission to a different type of presentation than your preference if deemed appropriate. As terms and conditions of your participation in the conference, kindly note the following:
- No travel/ accommodation allowances are provided to speakers
- Presenters are expected to register for the conference; registration fee is not waived
- In some cases, in order to provide our attendees with a broad range of perspectives, the Scientific Committee reserves the right to limit the number of presentations chosen from a single affiliation
- Presentations from sponsors/ exhibitors are welcome; however, companies are asked to respect the scientific nature of this meeting and not to promote their products and services during their presentation (except the “Pitch your innovative idea” session).
Abstract submission timeline
15 February 2024
|Abstract submission deadline – extended due to short timeframe.
There will be no further extension.
|Notification of acceptance
|Special Early Bird rate deadline for successful acceptances
Abstract Review and Notification
The Scientific Committee will review the abstracts according to the relevance to the session topic and select the most appropriate ones. All abstract submitters should be prepared to present the abstract as an oral or poster presentation.
Authors of abstracts selected for a poster presentation will be required to print (based on official dimensions) and set up their poster in a dedicated area at the conference venue. Each poster session will comprise guided poster tours per topic: two poster chairs per topic will walk along the posters together with the attendees of that particular poster session. The poster presenter is asked to join the guided poster tour and present his/her poster to the chairs and audience at the designated slot. For each poster, 1.5 minutes presentation and 1.5 minutes discussion time are foreseen. Poster chairs will rate the posters of their session and propose the top three ranked for overall poster prize selection.
Ready to submit?
Proceed to the abstract submission page. You will need to create an account and then upload.