ESBB and BBMRI-ERIC are delighted to be holding the 2024 Congress in Vienna, Austria. Located in the centre of Europe, there are easy transport links to the city and accommodation within walking or short public transport distance. BBMRI-ERIC is celebrating ten years of operation and with Austria as the hosting country for the organisation, it is an appropriate location for this milestone event.
Vienna is one of the most popular congress cities in the world, a home to one of four major United Nations offices, world music capital, business and financial centre, and cultural interface. The Hofburg Vienna is situated in direct proximity to some of Vienna’s most famous sights as well as the shopping districts, hotels and restaurants of Vienna’s Old Town.
We are excited to be hosting the EBW Congress in The Hofburg Conference Centre, which is located in one of Vienna’s most important and historical buildings.
Address: Hofburg Vienna, Heldenplatz, 1010 Vienna, Austria.
There is very limited parking, by arrangement and prioritised for those with accessibility requirements. Contact us to enquire.
By public transport
There are multiple ways to get to The Hofburg by cheap and efficient public transport. A public transport guide is available here. An interactive map is on The Hofburg website or by clicking on the image below.
- Herrengasse Station (U3 line), walking distance to Hofburg – 5 min
- City bus, Michaelerplatz Station, walking distance to Hofburg – 3 min
- City Airport Train (CAT) from Vienna Internat. Airport Schwechat to “Wien-Mitte” train station – 16 min
- Connection to U3/U4 underground lines – 5 min
- Shuttle bus to Westbahnhof – 30 min
- Connection to U3 underground line – 5 min
- Zentralbahnhof – distance 3 km
- Westbahnhof – distance 2 km
Welcome to Vienna, we’ll make you feel at home!